Office: The International Institute for Strategic Studies
Position: Research Analyst to support the Non-Proliferation and Nuclear Policy programme.
Location: Washington, DC
Duties (not limited to):
- Providing research, writing, and editing support to the Director of the Non-proliferation and Nuclear Policy Programme and Senior Fellow for Missile Defence on a variety of topics including non-proliferation, arms control, deterrence, strategic stability and space policy;
- Project management including budgeting, report writing and workshop/event planning and execution;
- Developing and writing proposals to foundations and governments.
- 2-3 years of work experience and a master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Scientific and/or technical literacy relevant to the issues being researched;
- Combination of experience in research, administrative support and external relations;
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate well with a wide range of people both in person and remotely across time-zones;
- Sound judgement and discretion;
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample no more than 10 pages
- List of three references
The resume, cover letter, and writing sample should be sent as three separate PDF files via email to IISS-Americas@iiss.org, with the subject line: ‘Your Name – NPNP Research Analyst Application.’ Please include your full name in the title for each separate document. Applications due by close of business Friday, November 20
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas
2121 K Street NW, Suite 801
Washington, DC 20037
Tel.: +1 (202) 659-1490