PONI is excited to roll out several new opportunities and resources to help the next generation nuclear community stay remotely engaged over the next few weeks. Because these initiatives will take place over Zoom, they require registration in advance. Please indicate your interest below so we can keep you updated!
PONI Book Club
PONI is facilitating weekly discussion sessions, featuring the author of the book. We’ll pick the book and encourage you to read it and join the conversation via Zoom. Initial books include “The Return of Great Power Rivalry by Matthew Kroenig; “The Bomb” by Fred Kaplan; “The Art of Sanctions” by Richard Nephew; and many more to come. Browse our Book List.
Upcoming Book Discussion Dates and Registration:
Registration will be capped to 25 max attendees. You will receive a confirmation email with the meeting information from a member of Team PONI to confirm your registration. Due to high interest and low capacity per event, you may be declined if you register for multiple book talks. For questions contact Simone Williams at email@example.com
- Tuesday, April 21st at 2pm EDT/1pm CDT/11am PDT a discussion with Matthew Kroenig on his book “The Return of Great Power Rivalry: Democracy versus Autocracy from the Ancient World to the U.S. and China.”
- Monday, April 27th at 7pm EDT/6pm CDT/4pm PDT a discussion with Van Jackson on his book “On the Brink.”
- Wednesday, May 6th at 7pm EDT/6pm CDT/4pm PDT a discussion with Fred Kaplan on his book “The Bomb.”
- Wednesday, May 13th at 2pm EDT/1pm CDT/11am PDT a discussion with Rupal Mehta on her book “Delaying Doomsday (Bridging the Gap).”
- Wednesday, May 20th at 2pm EDT/1pm CDT/11am PDT a discussion with Richard Nephew on his book “Art of Sanctions.”
- Wednesday, June 9th at 2pm EDT/1pm CDT/11am PDT a discussion with Mira Rapp-Hooper on her book “Shield of the Republic: The Triumph and Peril of America’s Alliances.” Register here.
- Monday, June 15th at 7pm EDT/6pm CDT/4pm PDT a discussion with Francis Gavin on his book “Nuclear Weapons and American Grand Strategy.” Register here.
Mid-Career Virtual Guest Lecture Series
Some of our brilliant mid-career cadre members have volunteered to speak on their work and research via Zoom. They represent diverse perspectives from government, academic, and operational perspectives. We will organize hour-long sessions where they present their work, followed by a question and answer period. Sign up to get on the distribution list for this initiative.
Capstone Speakers Bureau
Our annual Capstone Conference at STRATCOM has been postponed, but several of our excellent presenters have offered to present their research virtually to student groups. Instructors should reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested and we can send you their presentation topics and put you in touch.
Movie List and Watch Party
Many of you have expressed interest in organizing a community movie list. We’ll facilitate discussions on the intersection between the movie and contemporary nuclear issues. Register here if interested.
Write for the PONI Website
As always, you are encouraged to pitch us your writing ideas, to be published on our website. Email email@example.com with your proposal.