The Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) is seeking a Program Officer/Senior Program Officer to join the Scientific and Technical Affairs (STA) program.
the Scientific and Technical Affairs (STA) Program seeks to capture the opportunities that new and emerging technologies afford, while working to reduce the impact of their malevolent use. Current efforts include building capacity to prevent cyberattacks at nuclear facilities, working globally to reduce the risk of cyberattacks on nuclear weapons and related systems and using publically available data to prevent nuclear proliferation.
- Identifies new opportunities for NTI to promote the use of new and emerging technologies for NTI’s mission while mitigating the risks. Assists in raising the awareness (both inside and outside of NTI) of scientific and technical issues of relevance for NTI’s mission.
- Implements existing STA projects through management and execution of projects. Assists in the development of priorities, identification of performers, internal and external, and monitoring progress. Supports drafting of progress reports for funders.
- Drafts and edits memos, reports, briefing documents, talking points, testimony, etc. for use by the STA program and NTI senior staff. Supports the development of materials for presentation to the NTI Board of Directors.
- Maintains awareness of developments in program area (events, literature, policy, legislation, etc.). Provides research support to the program and NTI senior staff.
- Liaises with NTI partners and key stakeholders in government, industry, academia and non-government organizations. Represents NTI at meetings, conferences, events, etc. as requested.
- Performs other activities as assigned and assumes other responsibilities as requested by the STA VP and NTI’s senior leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 – 10 years professional experience;
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in a relevant technical field (e.g., physics, chemistry, engineering);
- General knowledge of nuclear security issues;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to travel internationally.
Send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: NTI Program Officer / Senior Program Officer, Scientific and Technical Affairs.
For more information on the job click here.