CRDF Global is seeking applicants for seven paid internship positions and several early and mid-career opportunities across various programs.
CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 1995 in response to the collapse of the Soviet Union and the threat of large-scale proliferation of weapons technology from the region. In the past 25 years, our work has expanded to address ever-changing global concerns, but our commitment to ensuring the success of our partners remains the same. We are a leading provider of flexible logistical support, program design and management, and strategic capacity building programs in the areas of higher education; chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) security, counterproliferation, border security, cybersecurity, global health, technology entrepreneurship, and international professional exchanges.
OPENINGS: Intern, Security Assistance
CRDF Global is seeking candidates for its Fall Internship Program in support of Cooperative Threat Reduction programs.
- Possesses or pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, including experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project.
- An understanding of basic project management concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, remotely.
- Excellent critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week with a maximum of 28 hours per week;
- U.S. work authorization.
CRDF Global pays interns at a rate of $15/hour.
OPENING: Project Associate, PNTR
The Security Assistance Division Project Associate (PA) will support projects assigned under the nuclear security portfolio. Under the supervision of the Senior Project Lead, the PA will have primary responsibility to support designing, planning, and executing projects, as well as independently planning/implementing grant competitions, online webinars and pass-through projects assigned to them in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and funder objectives.
- B.A/B.S. degree required
- One or two years of work experience preferred including:
- Administrative experience, as well as experience with remote trainings and education platforms such as Moodle a plus
- Prior experience or background in nuclear/CBRN security, international security or nonproliferation preferred
- Substantive experience living and working/studying abroad or working with international organizations in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and South/Southeast Asia is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, focus on client and team needs
- Ability to prioritize and multitask competing assignments
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with team members, external clients and stakeholders
- Solid research, writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to work with and maintain more advanced databases (experience with Microsoft Project is desirable)
- Foreign language proficiency desired but not required; ability to communicate and research in Russian, Arabic, or Chinese is a plus
- US work authorization is required
OPENING: Project Lead, PNTR
CRDF Global seeks an experienced Project Lead to support our implementation of nuclear security focused engagements and cooperative grants program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager and in consultation with the funders and international partners, the Project Lead will have primary responsibility for designing and implementing projects of an assigned portfolio as well as designing, developing, and implementing grant competitions, technical exchanges, scientific fellowships, and related activities in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and funder objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in managing international projects
- Knowledge of/experience with project management best practices
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong communication, diplomatic and negotiating skills and good judgment
- Solid research and writing skills
- Familiarity with other countries and cultures. Knowledge of a foreign language (Russian, Chinese, or Arabic) preferred
- Prior experience with nuclear/CBRN security, international security or nonproliferation preferred
- Prior experience with remote trainings and education platforms such as Moodle a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and ability to work with more advanced software, such as Microsoft Project is preferred
- U.S. work authorization
View other opportunities at CRDF Global below.